Tuesday, February 16, 2016

About This Blog

A fun and trendy living space can be reality for anyone—even broke as a joke college students living in a tiny apartment or house.

When I began living solo (about two years ago) was when I developed a passion for decorating. The way my home looked was a reflection of me and my style.

I love that through decorating, I can express myself.

A well-decorated home is, well, homey! It is your creation to be prideful of.


I began reading decorating blogs, such as The Inspired Room and various magazines in search of decorating tips. I gathered up all of the tips and inspiration possible and began applying it to my home. 

However, like many college students first living on their own, I don’t have much extra cash floating around.

I gathered my newfound decorating ideas and searched for the most affordable stores to enable me to spice up my décor on a very tight budget. Quickly, I discovered that a stylish home can be created without spending copious amounts of cash.

Now, I want to share with all of you some decorating tips, inspiration, and guidelines so you can apply them to your own home.

I will also share some of my favorite stores to browse for inexpensive trendy décor, because a stylish home does not have to break the bank.

I hope you enjoy my posts, and maybe discover some inspiration of your own. Please feel free to comment any of your own thoughts, tips, favorite stores, questions, or even critiques of my thoughts. 

I appreciate you reading and would love to hear from you!



tags: decorating, decorating tips

image credit: Pinterest, Pinterest
                  

2 comments:

  1. I love the concept of decorating on a budget, especially since I feel like everything advertised lately which says it will make your home more “homely” is extremely expensive. While dozens of little pillows and matching end-tables seem like a great idea in theory, getting the receipt always makes me feel like I have made an investment into something more serious than just decorations. I recently found a set of decorative knick-knacks at the local thrift store that have become the centerpiece on my coffee table. How do you feel about second-hand decorations from thrift shops or yard sales?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both thrift stores and yard sales can have great decorative pieces! I have found some really cute treasures at a couple yard sales, particularly. I know that even the most inexpensive stores can take a big chunk out of the bank account. It is important to remember that you don't have to decorate all at once. Just buying a couple of things every once in a while to build a room up to where you want it is a good practice.

      Delete